Happy Fourth of July, my American friends! So technically there is not any "white" in this salad, but it was such a tasty throw together for our Fourth of July dinner that I had to post it and give it a festive holiday name.
I made this recipe for a crowd (10ish people), feel free to half or quarter the recipe for a smaller audience :) Here's hoping you and yours don't have thunder clouds rolling in like we do here in Atlanta. Hope to get to see the fireworks tonight!
Red, White, and Blueberry Watermelon SaladServes a crowd (If just making for a family of 4, I would half the recipe)Ingredients
- watermelon cubed, about 12 cups (from a 7 or 8 pound watermelon weighed with rind on)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup finely packed fresh spearmint or peppermint leaves (I used a combo, since both are growing on my porch- but spearmint has a milder flavor)
- 1 tsp lime or lemon juice
- Cube the watermelon, and be sure to pour in the extra juice if it's a juicy melon!
- Finely chop the mint leaves.
- Toss mint and watermelon with the blueberries and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Serve immediately or let sit for a while so the flavors meld together better.
Happy Independence Day,